Tuesday, August 26, 2008

St. Brigid, Ridgewood


St. Brigid's parish, at St. Nicholas Avenue and Linden Street, Ridgewood or Bushwick, served Catholics a hundred years ago, mainly Irish and German. Frescoes depict Irish saints, but some of the stained glass windows bear German memorial names. At present, the parish celebrates many ancestries with a collection of flags from the Caribbean and Latin America.
-----
The mailing address of St. Brigid's church is 409 Linden St., Brooklyn NY 11237, telephone 718-821-1690 (corrected 7.27.2009 because of above comment).
St. Brigid Catholic Academy, seen at the right, has the mailing address 438 Grove Street, Brooklyn NY 11237, telephone 718-821-1477.  The school's website is linked here.


3 comments:

  1. I was baptized here at St. Brigid's and am trying to get a copy of my certificate so I can get married. I was wondering if anyone could tell me how I could get in touch with the church. Unfortunately the number above for the church is no longer in service.
    Thanks in advance!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Went to St. Brigid's around 1949 - 1955. Gee, the outside hasn't changed any. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It has been nearly 25 years since I've stepped foot in the parish that I so dearly loved. I miss you, St. Brigid!

    ReplyDelete