Sunday, May 20, 2012

St. Therese of Lisieux, East Flatbush



The parish of St. Therese of Lisieux stands of the south side of Avenue D in East Flatbush, with the school on the left (east) of the photo and the church to the right (west).  The school extends south on East 45th Street, and the church and rectory extend south on Troy Avenue.
----
The rectory address is 1281 Troy Avenue, Brooklyn NY 11203, telephone 718-451-1500.  The parish website is linked here.  The parish was established in 1926, and the school opened in 1941.




A portrait honors Venerable Pierre Toussaint (1766-1853).  The relic below the portrait is some earth from his grave.




As shown above, the parish school is now the site of St. Catherine of Genoa - St. Therese of Lisieux Catholic Academy.  The academy's address is 4410 Avenue D, Brooklyn NY 11203, telephone 718-629-9330.  Its website is linked here.
----
Along Avenue D, the B8 bus serves the church and academy on its way from 18th Avenue to Brownsville.



No comments:

Post a Comment