The above photo shows the church on Fourth Avenue, between 73rd and 74th Streets. The parish was established in 1891, and its buildings occupy the west side of Fourth Avenue between 73rd and 74th Streets, reaching along 74th Street almost to Third Avenue.
In April, 1916, subway service under the west two lanes of this street began, making OLA another one of those New York churches that has the pleasant rumble of "toy trains in the basement."
This view on 74th Street looks towards Fourth Avenue. The parish school was reorganized in 2009 as Holy Angels Catholic Academy. Its address is 337 74th Street, Brooklyn NY 11209, telephone 718-238-5045.
This plaque is on the older building (below) now in partial service by a day-care center and a health clinic. Note the ornamentations along the top floor.
Above the main door of the church, the Latin inscription reads "Dedicated to Mary of the Angels." Click the photo for details. Thankfully, this church is not locked, and numerous worshipers visit.